Complaints and Reporting

File a complaint against or report concerns about an agency, business, or individual.

State Government

Delaware Department of Justice Employee

File a complaint with the Deptment of Justice (DOJ) to address DOJ employee interactions, personnel issues and concerns about processing and/or procedural issues.

Disputed Taxes

Complaints and appeals regarding the decisions and rulings of the Division of Revenue are heard by the Tax Appeal Board.

Fraud, Waste, and Abuse

Report instances of fraud, waste, and abuse in State Government to the Delaware State Auditor.

Problems with Voting

If you experience a problem with voting systems standards, provisional voting or any other voting problem covered by Title III of the Help America Vote Act of 2002 (HAVA) register a formal complaint with the Department of Elelctions.

A Road Condition

Report a roadway condition that should be addressed immediately, such as a traffic signal malfunction, sign damage, debris in the roadway, or an improperly set up work zone.

State Vehicles

Complaint information for state-owned vehicles can be sent to Fleet Services. All information collected will remain confidential and will be forwarded to the appropriate agency.

Consumer Services & Safety

Make a General Consumer Complaint

If a consumer has a complaint about a business, an intake investigator with the Fraud & Consumer Protection Division will gather information about the problem.

A Food Safety Concern

Concers relating to the safety of retail foods and food services in Delaware can be reported to The Office of Food Protection (OFP).

Identity Theft

The Attorney General and the Consumer Protection Unit of the Department of Justice offer advice to protect citizens of Delaware from Identity Theft.

Insurance Company

File a complaint with or request assistance from the Insurance Commissioner with a problem involving an insurance company or agent

Public Utility Disputes

The Division of the Public Advocate will assist individual utility consumers in resolving disputes with public utility companies (natural gas, electric, water, telecommunications [excluding wireless telecommunication service] or cable television service) in Delaware.

Utility Services Complaint

The Delaware Public Service Commission accepts complaints against investor-owned utilities providing cable television, electric, natural gas, telecommunications, wastewater and water services.

Environment and Wildlife

Environment-Related Issues

Report environmental complaints, spills, releases, trash dumping and more to the Environmental Crimes Unit.

Wildlife Crime and Poaching

Assist the Operation Game Theft Fund in the apprehension and conviction of game law violators.

Housing and Care

Equal Accommodation

If you believe you have been denied, refused or withheld the services, facilities, privileges or advantages of a place of public accommodations because of your race, age, marital status, creed, color, sex, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability, you can file a complaint with the Division of Human and Civil Rights.

Housing Discrimination

Housing discrimination is a violation of a basic right, which assures all persons equal opportunity and equal access to live wherever they choose, if qualified, regardless of race, age, marital status, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. If you believe you have been discriminated against, you can file a complaint with the Division of Human and Civil Rights.

Child Abuse and Neglect

Delaware law mandates any person, agency, organization or entity to make an immediate oral report to the Department of Services for Children, Youth and Their Families, Division of Family Services, when they know of, or suspect, child abuse or neglect.

Mandatory Reports Related to Healthcare Providers

Delaware-licensed healthcare providers and certain other entities have a mandatory duty to report Delaware-licensed medical practitioners or other healthcare providers under certain circumstances.

Finance, Insurance, and Taxes

Banks and Financial Institutions

Anyone having an inquiry or concern involving a Delaware financial institution should contact the compliance area of the Office of the State Bank Commissioner.

Insurance Companies or Agents

Contact the Consumer Services Division with general questions you have about insurance or if you have problems or complaints

Investments and Securities

Contact the Delaware Investor Protection Unit to check on the registration status of an investment professional, if you have concerns about someone pitching an investment to you, or if you would like to file a complaint

Unemployment Insurance Fraud

If you are aware of someone fraudulently collecting unemployment insurance benefits, please call the Unemployment Insurance Fraud Hotline.



Any individual who believes that his or her employment rights have been violated under the Delaware Discrimination in Employment Act or the Handicapped Persons Employment Protections Act may file a charge of discrimination with DDOL.


Complaints alleging a violation of Delaware's licensing law and/or the engineering Code of Ethics are investingated through the Law Enforcement /Ethics Committee of The DAPE Council.


Complaints concerning a judge's conduct should be directed to the Court on the Judiciary


Initiate a complaint against a Delaware Lawyer through Office of Disciplinary Counsel

A Licensed Professional

You may file a complaint with the Division of Professional Regulation (DPR) against a person or business that holds a professional license if you believe that the person has violated the law or rules of his or her profession or the business has violated the law or rules of its profession.

Unlicensed Professional Activity

You can file a complaint against an unlicensed person or business practicing a profession that requires a professional license operating without the required professional license.

Contact A State Representative or Senator

Search for a Legislator

Contact a State Representative or State Senator