With 15 statewide locations, the Division of State Service Centers (DSSC) serves as a one-stop-shop housing a diverse array of public/private health and social service partners.
The Division is structured as four units, as well as the Office of the Director.
The Office of the Director provides oversight and management of the Divison, as well as training, planning and evaluation, emergency management and the publication of the Directory of Human Services for Delaware.
The Family Support SErvices unite provides one-stop service access for clients through the management of the 15 State Service Centers. Family Support Services also provide direct support services including:
- Emergency Assistance Serivces
- Community Resource Assistance Services
- Information and Referral
- Family Visitation
The Office of Community Services administers both state and federal programs including:
- Community Services Block Grant
- Emergency Housing
- Community Food and Nutrition Program
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program
The State Office of Volunteerism helps state and non-profit agencies with volunteer programs through technical assistance, training, plublic relations and assistance with volunteer recognition programs, which recognizes the contrbutions of youth and adult volunteers in annual events. The State Office of Volunteerism also administers both volunteer and service programs, including:
- AmeriCorps National Service and VISTA Programs
- Volunteer Resource Center
- Foster Grandparents Program
- Volunteer Delaware and Volunteer Delaware 50+
Charles H. Debnam Building
New Castle, DE 19720