Troops to Teachers was established in 1993 to assist transitioning Service members and veterans in beginning new careers in public, charter and Bureau of Indian Affairs schools. The Department of Defense program facilitates veterans’ successful transition to a teaching career by providing counseling, financial and placement assistance for eligible Service members and veterans.
Learn more about Troops to Teachers at www.proudtoserveagain.com
Continue to serve this nation by inspiring its young people
- The demand for teachers continues to increase throughout the United States particularly in the subjects of special education, math, science, foreign languages and career/technical subjects.
- Veterans currently in teaching positions credit their ability to successfully work with diverse populations and motivate students to their military experience.
- Troops to Teachers has helped more than 20,000 veterans successfully transition to a career in education.
All current members of the United States Armed Forces and former members who have retired or separated with an honorable discharge are eligible to apply for Troops to Teachers assistance. For participants that meet application, service and education requirements, financial assistance may be available.
Troops to Teachers services include:
· Individualized counseling and transition planning
· Navigating state teacher certification and licensing requirements
· Up to a 5K stipend or 10K bonus
· Connecting participants with hiring officials
· Ongoing support and mentorship
401 Federal Street
Dover, DE 19901