Residing in Delaware

The Delaware State Housing Authority is a gateway host to a wealth of information and resources for affordable housing in Delaware. DSHA has research, resources and information to assist homebuyers, renters, stakeholders and developers to obtain and develop efficient, cost-effective housing options.

Contact Information

Delaware State Housing Authority
DSHA - Wilmington
820 North French Street
Wilmington, DE 19801

Phone:  (302) 577-5001

DSHA - Dover
18 the Green
Dover, DE 19901

Phone:  (888) 363-8808
Phone:  (302) 739-4263

A picture of smiling family running outside their home on a lawn

Are you searching for affordable housing? Are you looking to settle in and plant your roots?

The Delaware State Housing Authority provides free homeownership education, webinars and resources to find affordable housing and rental units.

 Living in Delaware

Photo of a happy family playing outside their home

Residents living in Delaware 57 incorporated municipalities have many advantages. As residents, you experience the beauty of all four seasons along the mid-Atlantic region and have convenient access to Delaware's many beaches.

Find guides and information for Delaware's schools, voting, municipalities, legislators and more resources for residents.

 Home Ownership

A picture of a smiling man and woman recieving keys from another person

You don't have to go through the homebuying process by yourself. Get help with the home buying and financing process. Help and information is available to first-time homebuyers. From assistance with housing counseling, lenders, realtors and finding the right location the DSHA is ready to assist.

For those transitioning from renting to prospective homeowners, get better prepared to "Kiss Your Landlord Goodbye".

Existing homeowners, developers, contractors and property owners, find information to file and search land transaction records, corporate filings, and financing statements with the recorder of deeds within your local county. Review equal accomodations regulations, home repair and loan programs, fire protection and pest control resources.


A picture of smiling woman sitting with a cat resting on a sofa

Whether you're currently renting or seeking a new place to rent the Delaware State Housing Authority is great place to start to find a list of affordable rentals.

Start by finding your new home here. Search by City or Town, Zip code or County.

 Building Permits & Code

A picture of a woman installing cabling in a basement

Whether building new construction, upgrading or repairing an existing property, ensuring that you have current building codes, permits and points of contact information are keys to guarantee successful compliance with Delaware and local codes. These resources will help avoid costly delays with projects.


A picture of an electric meter

The Public Service Commission works to ensure reasonable and reliable price utility services for Delaware residents. PSC's work also involves regulating utility companies to ensure fair competitive practices and resolve disputes between utility providers.

The Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control's Water Supply Section issues well, well permits and licenses water well contractors. The section also oversees and monitors water groundwater quality and source water protection programs. In addition to these program, DNREC also promotes renewable energy initiatives.

Delaware Utilities

A picture of two utility workers in a work bucket working on utility lines

Review utility filings, public notices and public meetings for the PSC. Read business tax tips for utility operators from the Delaware Division of Revenue and get answers to frequently asked questions by residents.

 Tax Credits & Grants

A picture of a man and woman's hands typing on a computer to with a picture an application for tax credits

Learn about tax credits, grants and energy efficient programs available for home buyers.

Read about senior school property tax relief.

 Contacts & Complaints

A picture of woman on the phone holding a document

Report housing discrimination, file an insurance-related or utility complaint.

Find contacts and assistance with regulated utilities from the Division of the Public Advocate to get help with cases filed at the Delaware Public Service Commission for any utility provider.